HAO has been working in Kenya (Baringo, Marsabit and Nairobi Counties) since 2013 and our program interventions have been mainly in East Pokot, Baringo County due to financial constraints. We work in partnerships with communities, the county and national governments, civil society and the private sector, to deliver programs that have a lasting impact, to inspire change and uphold human dignity. We work to support long-term development and humanitarian emergencies, and to bridge the gap between the two.
Our Education and livelihood program is cross-cutting program that encompasses education, youth, women empowerment, livelihood and resilience.
Our Education and Youth Empowerment program is aimed at enhancing quality education and its accessibility for underprivileged children and youth for them to achieve their highest potential in all spheres of life. Our education and youth program teams:
- Work to improve attendance rates in school, especially among girls.
- Provide vocational training to young adults with self-employment and diversified livelihood options.
- Provide scholarship opportunities for underprivileged children and youth to enable them access education including life skills training.
- Support teachers’ professional development, through STEM training
- Provide scholastic materials
- Support construction and rehabilitation of learning facilities